Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quick update...

I found my camera.

While in Bariloche, Patagonia I was talking to one of the coord. of the program about stuff and I mentioned that I had lost my camera. He looked at me for a second and told me that he had found a camera in a case at the Circulo Italiano which is where we've been having orientation. Mind you, I had already asked two people involved in the program within a day after I lost the camera, one of them being the HEAD of the program and both told me that they had heard/seen nothing. There was no announcement to the group (at least to any group that I was a part of) nor any form of electronic communication. It seems like they had refused to maybe even look at the pictures on the camera to maybe figure out who might be the owner. I realize I shouldn't be bitter about it, but it sounds like the camera my dad has already bought can't be returned without a penalty for restocking from the store.

Anyway, Patagonia is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my entire life. I managed to take about 100 pictures when they finally decided to give me my camera back and I'll try to post those as soon as I can but this week is going to be pretty busy trying to get my schedule for classes put together. A few things we saw in Patagonia....

  • The forest which inspired the animation for Bambi
  • The area where they filmed the Motorcycle Diaries, and where many believe Che Guevara rode through (kind of lame but cool too)
  • Lots and lots and lots of panoramic views of Patagonia and crystal clear blue lakes.

I'll give a more detailed update later but I'm using my host mother's computer right now and I really need to be doing other things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know someone else is tracking you. Sounds like all is well. Glad you found your camera. Uncle David

Anonymous said...

Bambi is one of my favorite movies of all time!!

Anonymous said...

I wanted a camera to take with me when I travel. I'm glad you got yours back. We are looking forward to Spring Break.

Dad.

Mary Galardi said...

Awesome pictures!