Monday, February 18, 2008

estoy aquí

so im here.

im using my host mothers computer and im not gunna lie this is already a very daunting experience. anyway just a quick update, i arrived this afternoon at 1 and met the study abroad people at the airport who helped us get taxis to our apartments. my host mother lives by herself with a maid that she has had for 30 years. she moved here from germany shortly after the war she said and the apartment is really nice. she has a really nice balcony complete with an 18 year old pet turtle.

thats about all i have for now, today i just have to sit around and wait and sleep, she was given instructions not to let me go out and i cant get a wireless connection on my computer so i guess ill just have to leave it at that. we start orientation in the morning at 11 and that will last pretty much the next week and half so hopefully by next time ill have plenty of pictures.

3 comments:

Jonathan Sullivan said...

Dude, I made a blog. So now I can post comments.
But your host mom sounds cool. You should learn german along with spanish.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for pictures!

Anonymous said...

Spencer

We always said Texas was not at the end of the world but you could see it from there. There are so many great places on this earth. I have seen some. See all you can as quickly as you can. Take care

Blake

Your dad would not let me roll the YAK, what a wimp.
Maybe next time.

Have fun,